- Michael Sipser: Introduction to the theory of
- We cover most of Chapters 1-8. 90% of the material is included
in the book, but in some cases the presentation will slightly
- Homework: 4 problems/week (1 easy, 2 medium, 1 hard).
Working in groups is allowed, but write down your own version of
the solution (and be sure it is correct). The worst 2 homework
sets are dropped.
- Midterm: 6 problems, open book, open notes, 2 hours in
- Final: 2 theory questions, closed book; 4 problems,
open book, open notes, 2 hours in class
- Homework 30%, Midterm 30%, Final 40%
- 90% A+, 85% A, 80% A-, 75% B+, 70% B, . . .